Podcast visibility expert (and hater of robotic pitches) Angie Trueblood and I talk about using podcasts as a strategy to build your personal brand.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- How Angie found herself in the podcast business by leaning into her strengths
- Why you can really damage your brand by not pitching yourself in an aligned way
- The key things you should include in a podcast pitch so both you and the host benefit
- Why trying to get on competitors’ podcasts is a bad idea
- How to make it really easy for a podcast host to book you onto their show
- Once you learn how to effectively pitch a podcast, you can apply it to other visibility avenues.
- Avoiding presumptive language and giving the reader an out
- Angie’s go-to ways to find podcasts in the chosen niche
“Any outreach you do on behalf of your business needs to be considered as a part of your brand.” – Angie Trueblood
“Identify complementary businesses–I call that the tipping point, when you look at your ideal client, what’s the tipping point of when they’re looking to hire you and who else are they looking to hire at that time.” – Angie Trueblood
“You need to connect the dots for the podcast host. It should be really easy for that host to read the email and decide if it’s a good fit or not a good fit.” – Angie Trueblood
“You can take the bones of any sort of visibility outreach and apply it to a ton of different types of mediums.” – Angie Trueblood
MORE ON ANGIE:
[x_button size=”large” block=”true” circle=”true” icon_only=”false” href=”https://britneygardner.com/iTunes” title=”” target=”” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover” info_content=””]Subscribe on iTunes[/x_button]
Stitcher | Google Play Podcasts | Podcast Feed | How To Subscribe
LEAVE A RATING & REVIEW HERE
TO BUILD YOUR BRAND:
Britney has a variety of ways to work with her, from recorded workshops guiding you through DIY brand building skills all the way to complete brand crafting with Instant Badass Brand and brand photography.
Music by Michael De La Torre. Thanks, Mikey!