Maggie Peterson, editorial director at Scoop Studios and the creator of Small Business Boss, joins Britney on today’s episode to discuss the topic of building trust online. She reflects on her years of experience and her suggestions about how we have gotten to this point of untrustworthy marketing tactics.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- “Business as usual” tactics that dismantle trust
- Examples of untrustworthy marketing and what we can do instead
- Comparing the online business world with traditional sales and marketing
- Alternatives to “bro marketing”
- Messages and red flags to keep an eye out for
- The power in trusting yourself while running your business
- The Trust Course:
- Is this truthful?
- Is anyone rushing you?
- Do their results seem realistic?
- Do they seem to respect their clients?
- How being true to yourself saves energy
MORE ON MAGGIE PATTERSON:
TO MARKET YOUR ONLINE BUSINESS:
It’s really hard to navigate the online business world if you don’t know where you are now and where you’re going; the Biz GPS Intensive is the best way to get that 30,000-foot view of your business–and a concrete plan for the next six months.
Music by Michael De La Torre. Thanks, Mikey!