John DeMato, fellow brand photographer, went from photographing speakers and consultants to suffering from Covid-19 symptoms and having no work overnight. On a whim he picked up his camera and created a new product that works in the socially-distanced pandemic era and he’ll continue to offer when the business world shifts again.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- How John got the idea for virtual photography
- Why entrepreneurs tick, and what we can all do when it’s not possible to provide our regular service or product
- How speakers and consultants are pulling energy from digital presentations instead of their typical in-person events
- Why virtual photography was a long time coming, particularly for digital marketers and online business owners who have been doing webinars and online meetings for years, but was never photographed that way
- John talks about the first hurdles he and his clients had to overcome with creative virtual photos on both his end and his clients’ side of the laptop
- Why using on-stage photos can be tone-deaf in today’s age
- Speakers are finding they’re required to provide virtual speaker reels to keep booking jobs now
- What the average (non-photographer) person can do to set up lighting for their Zoom meetings, virtual photoshoots, etc
- John’s most important Zoom meeting tip!
“Virtual presentations are an opportunity to leverage an audience and share things and still be able to do their jobs.” – @dematophoto
“Even if you’re not solely an online business owner, all of these speakers have tentacles in their business that leads toward the online space.” – @dematophoto
“If you’re telling a story to your audience and you’re creating that relationship, it’s important to capture all aspects of that life and business because that’s how you create that connection with people so they can see what it…
MORE ON JOHN:
Stitcher | Google Play Podcasts | Podcast Feed | How To Subscribe
LEAVE A RATING & REVIEW HERE
TO BUILD YOUR BRAND:
Britney has a variety of ways to work with her, from recorded workshops guiding you through DIY brand building skills all the way to complete brand crafting with Instant Badass Brand and brand photography.
Music by Michael De La Torre. Thanks, Mikey!