After hearing Michelle speak at an event a few weeks ago, I nabbed her for the show because I felt myself nodding and agreeing with everything she had to say. We talk about the three things that make up your unfair speaking advantage and how they apply to all areas of your personal brand as well. Michelle’s take on ranting and raving is not to be missed!
Michelle Mazur, Ph.D. helps speakers and entrepreneurs create speaking as a profit center for their business by building a speech like a product that positions them as the go-to expert in their field. She is the CEO of Communication Rebel and the author of Speak for Impact. The speakers she works with have gone on to book speaking gigs around the world, double their speaking fees, and speak in front of world leaders and First Ladies. Her rebel yell has appeared in Fast Company, Entrepreneur, PR Daily, and She Owns It. She lives in Seattle, WA with her adoring husband, 2 obsessive felines, and a huge collection of Duran Duran memorabilia.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- How to stand above the noise in a crowded world
- The three components of the Unfair Speaking Advantage
- Putting your personality into your work builds the know, like and trust factor
- Overcoming the risk of someone in your audience not liking what you have to say
- Michelle discusses how the concept of ranting doesn’t work for everyone
- Why problem-based marketing works even in softer, positive climates
- How to learn from other speakers’ wins and bombs
- Michelle shares a client case study that shows both detailed storytelling and building your trust factor
- How Michelle helps pull out of her clients what their audience really wants to hear
- The #1 thing other speakers mess up
- The mistake Michelle made in her own speaking career
- Our take on when and when not to apologize within a speech
- Turning your business or signature talk into something so fascinating you lose track of time
MORE ON MICHELLE:
[x_button size=”large” block=”true” circle=”true” icon_only=”false” href=”https://britneygardner.com/iTunes” title=”” target=”” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover” info_content=””]Subscribe on iTunes[/x_button]
Stitcher | Google Play Music | Podcast Feed | How To Subscribe
LEAVE A RATING & REVIEW HERE
The Ignite Your Brand Quickfire Challenge
Music by Michael De La Torre. Thanks, Mikey!