Britney talks with Katie Smith, a course creation coach. Katie brings her background in education and Understanding By Design to talk about creating digital info products that actually teach your students to create on their own.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- The three steps in the Understanding By Design process
- The first question you need to answer before starting to create a digital info product
- How to choose the starting point for your course or product–and why it’s a lot like niching
- Katie talks about altering Bloom’s Taxonomy from the education field to course creators online
- The four steps in Bloom’s for Business: foundations, tactics, techniques, and creation
- We have a great back and forth dialogue on creating codependency in online education
- Is a value ladder creating codependency or meeting your client where they’re at?
- Katie talks about how course creators can inadvertently create products that don’t help their students the way they intended
- The importance of a course lexicon
MORE ON KATIE:
TO MARKET YOUR ONLINE BUSINESS:
It’s really hard to navigate the online business world if you don’t know where you are now and where you’re going; the Biz GPS Intensive is the best way to get that 30,000-foot view of your business–and a concrete plan for the next six months.
Music by Michael De La Torre. Thanks, Mikey!