Justin and Emily, co-founders of Root+River, share their unique take on branding, its spiritual roots, and how to connect with the soul of your brand.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- We define defiant leaders as leaders who are sure certain that they want their business to change their industry or the world in some way.
- Emily and Justin walk through how they lead their clients to discover the soul of their brands.
- Brands are, at their heart, a spiritual (not religious) experience.
- How being unclear in your messaging leads to insecurity and makes us revert to sameness.
- Why your mission is important, not your mission statement.
- The best way to decide on a category and how to incorporate that in all of your language.
- The power in the spirit of play.
- The true definition of branding (hint: it’s not your logo or colors).
- Your root belief and how it is more important than “polarizing ideas”.
- Emily and Justin’s take on ethical marketing in 2021.
“It starts with a willingness and a courage to be different across the board in an authentic way.” – @RootandRiverClick To Tweet
Click To Tweet
“[Don’t] just think of [language] as a marketing tool, but think of it as a way of stewarding your business.” – @RootandRiverClick To Tweet
MORE ON JUSTIN + EMILY:
Stitcher | Google Play Podcasts | Podcast Feed | How To Subscribe
LEAVE A RATING & REVIEW HERE
TO MARKET YOUR ONLINE BUSINESS:
It’s really hard to navigate the online business world if you don’t know where you are now and where you’re going; the Biz GPS Intensive is the best way to get that 30,000-foot view of your business–and a concrete plan for the next six months.
Music by Michael De La Torre. Thanks, Mikey!