Chrisa brings us through the idea of being an outlier and what that can mean as you build your brand. She takes her start in corporate America and in story form, tells us how this applies to both corporate employees and business owners.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Chrisa tells about her start as an outlier in corporate America, and how that lead to branding herself
- How she found herself creating an echo chamber
- What pushed her into building a brand–and how a mentor and personal development work led to a realization
- Chrisa’s take on preparation, winging it, and thinking on our feet
- Why the difference between hard skills and soft skills matter
- What Chrisa noticed about those who have established themselves differently than the rest
- How to make sure you stand out in the skills and services you offer, but not so far you’re unrecognizable
- Why values play such a big role in how you choose to be an outlier
- How Chrisa shed people-pleasing as she became a coach
- The difference between a big-picture coach and a targeted coach
“I became a coach because [they] didn’t know how to brand themselves within an organization or how to position themselves differently from other founders and leaders.” – @HGLifeCoaching
“I found myself repeating other people just to say something and get some attention, but I realized I wasn’t contributing nor was I telling the full truth.” – @HGLifeCoaching
“There’s a lot of conversation around making sure we look like the norm, and this does is take away from where your focus should be: on producing a great result for your client.” – @HGLifeCoaching
“The place to go to for what guides you in how you’re going to stick out is your value system.” – @HGLifeCoaching
“[My values] create an opportunity for people to also be real with me. Instantly in that realness and willingness to be vulnerable with someone you build credibility and report.” – @HGLifeCoaching
MORE ON CHRISA & The Handel Group:
Stitcher | Google Play Podcasts | Podcast Feed | How To Subscribe
LEAVE A RATING & REVIEW HERE
TO BUILD YOUR BRAND:
Britney has a variety of ways to work with her, from recorded workshops guiding you through DIY brand-building skills all the way to complete brand crafting with Intentional Business.
Music by Michael De La Torre. Thanks, Mikey!