Sheila Streetman and I discuss all things Instagram story strategy, creating your own “prompts,” and getting comfortable in a new business endeavor.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- How Sheila made a business move based on the client feedback she received
- Sheila’s take on “do it scared”
- Why a long career in one field doesn’t mean you skip over the learning phase in your new endeavor
- The benefits of polling your community
- Sheila’s go-to sandwich technique for getting poll results
- The best way to build a warm and engaged audience on Instagram
- Sheila’s take on feed posts versus story posts
- How long it took each of us to become comfortable with making mistakes and showing our authentic selves
- How to bank on our human nosiness
We all feel comparisonitis and Imposter Syndrome comes up, but if I am a little bit ahead of the people that need my help I’m in a good position.
You really have to think about who you’re asking the question to, to get an answer that works for you.
If you talk about your offer on Instagram Stories once a week, it’s like 12 months before they make a purchase.
It’s hard to show up as you, but the more you do it, you build that confidence. And definitely on stories, it does get easier because you have the momentum from the day before.
MORE ON SHEILA:
Stitcher | Google Play Podcasts | Podcast Feed | How To Subscribe
LEAVE A RATING & REVIEW HERE
TO BUILD YOUR BRAND:
Britney has a variety of ways to work with her, from recorded workshops guiding you through DIY brand-building skills all the way to complete brand crafting with Instant Badass Brand and brand photography.
Music by Michael De La Torre. Thanks, Mikey!