Kristen G. Roberts and I talk about what online creators–digital course creators, entrepreneurs running group programs, and those teaching on social media–need to know about protecting their content and their businesses. And after protecting it, leveraging it for insane business growth.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- First, we cover what intellectual property is and how it applies to the average online biz owner
- Kristen gives the basics of what you can protect with IP laws and the difference between ideas and applications of an idea
- How to decide when it’s time to protect your IP and how to set those goals
- Kristen gives her opinion on a real-world trademark issue I’m considering
- When to leave the “bootstrap” stage and get things legally protected
- The difference between common law copyright and protected registration
- What to do when someone does infringe on your property
- Kristen shares a case study on one of her clients, how they licensed to expand their business and which trademarks it required
- Why certification is the next duplication step
MORE ON KRISTEN:
[x_button size=”large” block=”true” circle=”true” icon_only=”false” href=”https://britneygardner.com/iTunes” title=”” target=”” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover” info_content=””]Subscribe on iTunes[/x_button]
TO BUILD YOUR BRAND:
Britney has a variety of ways to work with her, from recorded workshops guiding you through DIY brand building skills all the way to complete brand crafting with Instant Badass Brand and brand photography.
Music by Michael De La Torre. Thanks, Mikey!