Jessica Rhodes is the founder and CEO of InterviewConnections.com, the premier Guest Booking agency for podcasters and guest experts, and she is the acclaimed author of Interview Connections: #RockThePodcast From Both Sides of the Mic!
Jessica is the host of Interview Connections TV, where each week she helps her viewers rock the podcast from both sides of the mic. She hosts/co-hosts three podcasts: Rhodes to Success, The Podcast Producers and The Parenting Rhodes. The Podcast Producers was selected by Apple as a “How to Podcast” show in iTunes and has also been included in the syllabus for a course about podcasting and audio journalism at Western University in Ontario, Canada.
Jessica is has been a speaker at Podcast Movement, Podfest.us and Dream Business Academy. She lives in Rhode Island with her husband and two kids.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Jessica tells how she moved from the non-profit world into the self-employed world into podcasting
- The surprising benefits podcasting has had for her marriage and family life
- The transition from solopreneur to leader is different than the transition from employee to solopreneur
- How Jessica’s mindset is emerging to think about being a business leader
- Why the word “just” is dangerous for an entrepreneur
- Jessica shares the struggles she’s had while upleveling
- Why who you surround yourself with affects business growth
- A few of the original podcasts Jessica subscribed to
- Why Jessica podcasts for her clients
- Jessica shares how to share your ideas and brand on a podcast whether it’s a solo or interview show
MORE ON JESSICA:
- Jessica’s book, Interview Connections, is available for free through her site
- Ali Brown’s Glambition Radio
- Stick Like Glue Radio
- John Lee Dumas’s Entrepreneur On Fire
- Built to Sell by John Warrillow
Social Media Simple Start, a monthly membership teaching entrepreneurs how to market with on-brand social media posts in two minutes per day
Music by Michael De La Torre. Thanks, Mikey!