Jennifer Corcoran helps female entrepreneurs get visible on LinkedIn and create economic opportunities without having to resort to paid advertising or spammy cold outreach. Join us as we discuss networking and what that looks like for introverts like us.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- How Jennifer started networking as a child (and maybe you did too!) and how it has stayed similar through adulthood
- The pros and cons of networking online vs. in person
- Jennifer’s practical tips for in person and online networking
- Why Jennifer doesn’t recommend “working the room” at networking events
- How Jennifer maintains her energy as an introvert when networking
“I think it’s all about finding the right network and the right people, because there are so many different types of networks.”
“My top tip to go into a [networking event] like that is that I always arrive early for everything.”
“I never focus on working the room because that to me is traumatic. I just focus on having nice conversation with three or four people and I’m happy.”
“Just look for one person to start a conversation with and then you end up branching off and meeting more.”
“When networking you can add in some personal touches. It doesn’t have to be all about what you do.”
More on Jennifer:
To Market Your Business Online:
Navigating how to market your service business online–especially when you’re moving from 1:1 services to a 1:many model–doesn’t have to be hard even when you have a lot of moving parts.
You just have to know where you’re going. The Biz GPS Intensive is the best way to get that 30,000-foot view of your business–and a concrete plan for the next six months.
Music by Michael De La Torre. Thanks, Mikey!