Everyone talks about building an email list, but what do you say to your people once they’ve subscribed? That’s the big question Kate Doster and I discuss in this episode on good email writing, nurture sequences, and freebies that actually make sense.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- We start off by talking about how the subscriber doesn’t know if your list has 100 or a million people
- Why it’s a privilege to be on your email list
- How to use your freebie as a gatekeeper so people with the right attitude are on your list
- Kate describes her “yeah but” principle
- The difference between a welcome series and an email funnel
- Kate highlights the types of emails that work in both welcome sequences and funnel emails
- Kate shares her two biggest pet peeves in email
- We discuss great ways to boost engagement in email sequences
- Why your open rate really doesn’t matter
- Selling to a small list
- We each share an email subject line that gets a lot of reaction
More on Kate:
To Market Your Business Online:
Navigating how to market your service business online–especially when you’re moving from 1:1 services to a 1:many model–doesn’t have to be hard even when you have a lot of moving parts.
You just have to know where you’re going. The Biz GPS Intensive is the best way to get that 30,000-foot view of your business–and a concrete plan for the next six months.