Robin Carberry is a personal development and business coach and I wanted to have her on the podcast to talk about her program Onboard Like a Boss. Join us as we talk about the onboarding process, how it can build (or kill!) your business, and how it can help develop the know, like, and trust factor with clients.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- How the onboarding process can build (or kill) your know, like, and trust factor
- The importance of vetting/prepping clients during the discovery call process
- Visibility and how it relates to the onboarding process
- Stumbling blocks that Robin has seen most often with her clients
- Building trust and setting up your client (and yourself!) for success through an onboarding system
I’ve found over time that most clients appreciate knowing what’s expected from them in the very beginning, and it’s going to cut down ultimately on the amount of communication that’s required.
If somebody has a valuable experience with you online and then walks through your virtual front door and and you don’t have it together, then all that hard work you’ve done in terms of your visibility just went out the window.
The [client] experience doesn’t stop when you move off of social media and onto Zoom or into emails… that all has to continue.
An onboarding system builds trust for your clients and builds trust in yourself.
A good onboarding system saves time and money and it also makes it easy to delegate.
More on robin:
To Market Your Business Online:
Navigating how to market your service business online–especially when you’re moving from 1:1 services to a 1:many model–doesn’t have to be hard even when you have a lot of moving parts.
You just have to know where you’re going. The Biz GPS Intensive is the best way to get that 30,000-foot view of your business–and a concrete plan for the next six months.
Music by Michael De La Torre. Thanks, Mikey!