Morgan Gist MacDonald is the Founder and CEO of Paper Raven Books, an independent publishing company that helps people write, edit, and publish books that grow the author’s platform and create massive impact in the world. We talk about a range of topics affect mothers as entrepreneurs all the way to how the publishing industry disruption occurring today can be a huge boon for the entrepreneurial world.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Morgan talks about how each of her children shaped an area or time of her business
- The active decision she made between a business name and personal name and why she moved away from the personal name brand
- A mamahood life hack regarding vacations
- Morgan’s urge for a personal brand and discovery process around whether it’s a personal brand outside of her business
- Morgan talks about when it’s the right time to expand from 1:1 or 1:small into 1:many
- Why straight memoirs rarely work and you need both a story and a framework or process
- Why writing a book often changes an author’s core messaging and transforms them
- Decisions you need to make around writing a book and your commitment to the message
- Why making a bold prediction is a win-win situation
- We talk about how the publishing industry disruption affects the smaller, newer authors
- Morgan reminds of the need for the author to show up as themselves and continue the conversation
MORE ON MORGAN:
TO BUILD YOUR BRAND:
Britney has a variety of ways to work with her, from recorded workshops guiding you through DIY brand-building and photo skills all the way to complete brand crafting with Instant Badass Brand and brand photography.
Music by Michael De La Torre. Thanks, Mikey!