The intersection of bro-marketing tactics and The Greatest Showman can help inform online businesses with marketing decisions, overcoming Imposter Syndrome, and leaving behind bad decisions in the past.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- We start off the discussion by talking about Bernie memes and how on-brand they are
- How the trifecta of a Clubhouse discussion, The Greatest Showman movie, and a job listing made me realize how rampant “bro-marketing” can be even in the businesses of those I know
- The advent of showmanship in online marketing
- Some of the hallmarks of bro-marketing: spray and pray advertising, paying VAs $5/hr to complete business tasks, paying obscene amounts of money just to get “access” to leaders, marginalizing women and persons of color
- Toxic positivity in the online business world
- A personal story of how I was working for someone using some of these bro-marketing tactics
- Why the “authentic, automated marketing” message is so needed today
TO BUILD YOUR BRAND:
Britney has a variety of ways to work with her, from DIY digital courses for visibility and brand awareness, the Content Lab mastermind, all the way up to done-for-you complete business strategy solutions.
Music by Michael De La Torre. Thanks, Mikey!