John Pollock doesn’t just talk about entrepreneurship – he lives it.
As the CEO of Financial Gravity, John has grown his business from the dining room table to a national organization of 25 employees and led his company to 700% growth in one year.
John is also disrupting industry standards – for the better. After seeing the lack of integrated advice for business owners across tax planning, financial services and business strategy, he created the first national tax firm specifically designed to help entrepreneurs reduce their personal tax liability by an average of $21,000.
He is a frequent contributor to various media outlets, including Fox Radio Network, Forbes, Amex OPEN Forum, and WFAA Channel 8. He’s also the host of Financial Gravity Radio Show, a weekly show on AM 660 in Dallas, Texas, focused on proactive tax planning and growth strategies for small business owners.
As an author and speaker, John has delivered keynotes and workshops to over 500 organizations and conferences for small business owners and financial advisors.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- John tells us what issues small business owners and entrepreneurs face today in relation to financial planning and taxes.
- He points out that most small businesses want lower personal income taxes and numbers that help them run their business better.
- John points out that there are over 70,000 pages in the tax code, and many entrepreneurs don’t take advantage of benefits of the code.
- As an entrepreneur himself, he figured out that accountants could not solve the problems that the entrepreneur need to be solved.
- John talks about the strategy of lowering taxes which leads to increases in profitability and grows wealth.
- He talks about the “Augusta” rule in the IRS tax code and how it’s just one small part in the strategy of financial planning.
- John mentions that it’s important to adjust your business and play the game in order to get ahead and win as a small business owner.
- He says that the code cannot change drastically with political change, so it best to have people who have “mined” the tax code to make it work for you.
- John’s company is designed to working with you to proactively develop a plan to minimize your tax burden and maximize your success.
MORE ON JOHN POLLOCK:
- IRS “Augusta” Rule
- Traction by Gabriel Weinberg & Justin Mares
- Get a Grip on Your Business
- Humans Are Underrated by Geoff Colvin
- Tax Blueprint
- Free Tax Strategy Video
- Free E-Book: Text “taxbook” to 33444
[x_button size=”large” block=”true” circle=”true” icon_only=”false” href=”https://britneygardner.com/iTunes” title=”” target=”” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover” info_content=””]Subscribe on iTunes[/x_button]
Social Media Simple Start, a monthly membership teaching entrepreneurs how to market with on-brand social media posts in two minutes per day
Music by Michael De La Torre. Thanks, Mikey!