Dina Schmid is a public speaking coach and certified etiquette consultant. Dina has been helping people build confidence and learn skills for success in their personal and professional lives. As a public speaking coach, she has worked with speakers for over three years to help them develop presence and deliver their messages more effectively whether it’s for a speech to a large audience or an impromptu update in a meeting.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Dina gives examples of how even saying one’s name affects perception
- We go through an exercise demonstrating how inflection changes the meaning of the sentence
- Why how you say it may matter more than what you say
- Dina and I talk about the three levels of recording and comfortability
- Dina gives tips on how to listen for adjectives of how you want to be perceived when listening to yourself rather than focusing on how you sound
- We talk about how to change the perception of who you are
- Dina touches on the many ways to show different personas
- We talk about detractors from speech no matter what style of speaker you are, and I make a little confession
- The best ways to prepare yourself for a presentation
- How an online entrepreneur can get in-person networking and vocal presentation practice
MORE ON DINA:
[x_button size=”large” block=”true” circle=”true” icon_only=”false” href=”https://britneygardner.com/iTunes” title=”” target=”” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover” info_content=””]Subscribe on iTunes[/x_button]
Find out more about Stop The Scroll, a DIY photo workshop to supplement your social media photos.
Music by Michael De La Torre. Thanks, Mikey!