Marketing consultant Dawn Foster started on the art and design side of marketing before moving to the strategy side and marries the two in a unique that provides a secret sauce perspective on marketing campaigns.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- One of Dawn’s secret weapons: that she understands both the creative and analytical of marketing
- When trying to make it to the next level of growth, a lot of solopreneurs forget to focus on the “why” of their brand
- Putting your “brand why” upfront helps people connect to you
- Dawn details the ways in which you can share your why
- Connecting the dots on your brand why with the analytical numbers side of marketing
- Using a full orchestra analogy to compare the sound of a single instrument versus a whole orchestra when looking at a single marketing mechanism against a whole strategy
- How imagery, shapes, and colors aid a strategic marketing strategy
- Dawn’s marketing game of how fast she can pinpoint which company made a commercial
- How to tie in your visuals so they bolster that brand
- Dawn’s take on what a brand refresh should do
“We’re living in the age of social media; people want to connect with who you are. When you include the ‘why’ in that, it pulls back the curtain.” – Dawn Foster
“You why should attach to your overall goal for your business, and your goal will attach to your numbers.” – Dawn Foster
“Shapes and colors, that’s going to really help give me the emotional cues that are going to make whatever you’re trying to say to me even stronger.” – Dawn Foster
“You can always tell when a company has done their due diligence/has a significant budget where they can get away with, ‘I’m just going to show you something.’ Like, my brand is that strong where you only need to see, you don’t…
“What does your brand sound like? Are you snarky, are you funny, are you serious, education? All of that goes into creating what that brand looks like and the visuals that live with it. Once you’ve got that set, you shouldn’t stray…
MORE ON DAWN:
Stitcher | Google Play Podcasts | Podcast Feed | How To Subscribe
LEAVE A RATING & REVIEW HERE
TO MARKET YOUR ONLINE BUSINESS:
It’s really hard to navigate the online business world if you don’t know where you are now and where you’re going; the Biz GPS Intensive is the best way to get that 30,000-foot view of your business–and a concrete plan for the next six months.
Music by Michael De La Torre. Thanks, Mikey!