Tracy Phillips, a 20-year, Emmy-nominated video pro, joins me on the podcast today and we talk about using video to market yourself and your business.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- How Tracy has taken her knowledge from the film world and translated it to online marketing
- Navigating impostor syndrome
- The beauty of being yourself and letting life happen when you’re on video
- Moving from a professional in the offline world to the online world
- How to navigate using video for your business as an introvert
- Tracy’s thoughts on how to not be awkward talking to the little green dot on your camera
“There’s only one way to get good on video, and that is to make videos and continue to make videos and continue to put yourself out there.”
“The only thing holding you back from visibility is you.”
“I have some news… and that is that you are human. And people aren’t buying your product, your widget, your course, your membership, your coaching — they’re buying you.”
“The truth is, your audience retains 95% of what you say on a video. 95% as opposed to 10% in written text.”
“It’s really just a matter of getting comfortable, and the only way you’re going to get comfortable is by actually doing it.”
More on Tracy:
To Market Your Business Online:
Navigating how to market your service business online–especially when you’re moving from 1:1 services to a 1:many model–doesn’t have to be hard even when you have a lot of moving parts.
You just have to know where you’re going. The Biz GPS Intensive is the best way to get that 30,000-foot view of your business–and a concrete plan for the next six months.
Music by Michael De La Torre. Thanks, Mikey!